Surplus CRTs for Tracker 1000, 2000, 2500, 5100DS and ProTrack for sale

Started by admin, July 08, 2016, 06:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Huntron is selling off their surplus stock of CRTs for the older Trackers. This is the Toshiba P31 CRT that was used with the grey case Tracker 1000 (serial number prefix 21A), grey case Tracker 2000 (serial number prefix 22A), Tracker 5100DS, Tracker 2500 and the ProTrack. I suppose this CRT could be used for other projects as they do not require a flyback transformer. Selling price is USD$50.00 each. More details are on the Shop Huntron online store:

Old thread, CRTs are no longer available.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

jvthorsley

Good price I have ordered one as a spare for my two Huntron ProTracks.
Any chance of an other USB upgrade board from you guys?
Would like to have both my ProTracks on USB connection.
I still think the CRT screen is superior to the new LCD screen on new models.

admin

The USB upgrade kits are gone and there are no plans to have more produced.
Thanks.
Admin

jvthorsley

I'm amazed that this comment has currently got 300 views, whereas I put some details on what I suspect is a fairly common fault on my ProTrack and at this time have only 71 views !!

admin

If anyone had planned on purchasing a CRT for an old Tracker or just a spare, I am sad to say they are all gone. If you are in desperate need, I have seen a few on EBay. 

jvthorsley

As Curtis says they are still available.
Just tap in the part number Toshiba E8384B31A on Google.

jvthorsley

But you won't find any Huntron  98-0443 USB upgrade kits on EBay or Amazon now, I have searched a few times!
Has anyone tried a bog-standard Centronics / or Parallel port to USB converter to see if that works on a ProTrack.
I might just try soon as I have time to get my reserve ProTrack working.
But would like to hear from anyone that has tried this.
Windows XP does still work and I understand is still used by the British National Heath Hospitals.
Microsoft even give you the occasional security update!
If any one wants copy  of the Installation Instructions just email me. But very straight forward after you've done complete strip-down repairs on your ProTrack!

jvthorsley

Just checked Toshiba E8384B31A CRT still available, just put it on  Google!