model 2000

Started by huntronbrian, July 28, 2010, 01:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntronbrian

Is the mains transformer for the Model 2000 still available (part number stamped on side looks like 06-6032)? I have read on one site that someone was lucky to get the second from last in stock though that was in 2006!
Failing this is there any way possible to acquire the specifications of same in order to rebuild faulty item?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks  :D

Brian.

admin

Hello Brian,
Thanks for joining the forum.

That transformer is from one of the old brown, metal case Tracker 2000's (240V version for Europe) made back in the early 80's. Unfortunately, the 06-6032 has not been made for many years and we have none in stock at the factory. Specs on the construction are non-existent so it may be time for that unit to retire. Wish I had better news.

Thanks.

Tech Support
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

huntronbrian

Many thanks for the prompt reply though because I am retired if I also retire the trusty 2000 there are no funds available to replace same.
Just a long shot........are parts 06-6028 or 06-6029 still stocked.

Thanks
Brian.

admin

Hi Brian,
The 06-6029 (100V power transformer for the Japanese market) is the only one still available. This transformer is for the "newer" grey case Tracker 2000's (serial number prefix 22A).
Thanks.

admin

There is some new News on this front. We had a small run of Tracker 2000 transformers made. The part number is 06-6028. Get them while they last!

admin

As follow up to the last post in this thread, we have received a number of calls regarding the 06-6028 transformer. While we did have a short run produced a couple of years ago, we no longer have any in stock.
Thanks.
Admin

jvthorsley

I don't know if it will help but I had a look in the manual and have attached the pin-out details for this mains transformer.