Recent posts

Out of Production Hardware / MOVED: Seeking Huntron 5000 So...
Last post by admin - October 06, 2022, 08:50:46 AM
This topic has been moved to Obsolete Software.

https://huntron.com/forum/index.php?topic=311.0
Out of Production Hardware / Re: Protrack I. Channel A and ...
Last post by jvthorsley - October 05, 2022, 01:58:09 PM
As said previously on this Forum, and if you haven't done it replace all the 47 uF electrolytic capacitors on the main logic board. They leak electrolyte that does its best to destroy a copper track in the vicinity.
Doesn't cost much to replace all the Electrolytic Capacitors, and these ProTracks are only getting older!
What version of ProTrack do you have there?
Last post by fetron - October 05, 2022, 06:33:48 AM
Hi!

Check the presence of the square signal at the output of U14/8pin (KJ3 version).

U14 is an inverting schmitt trigger oscillator, it is a clock signal generator for the encoder circuit.
Obsolete Software / Re: Seeking Huntron 5000 Softw...
Last post by jvthorsley - October 03, 2022, 02:13:02 PM
An IBM PS/2 with 286 CPU + DOS VER. 6.22, whatever more could you desire.
Used to make good money replacing the failed delay line chip on the IBM PS/2 Computers.
Last post by admin - October 03, 2022, 06:43:02 AM
Ah, DOS! It was so simple back then.  :)
Last post by 6CW4 - September 30, 2022, 04:55:31 PM
Thank you to the Administrator who provided the corrected link to the 5000 software zip file.
It's very much appreciated !

I look forward to powering up the 5000 and trying out the software on a working IBM PS/VALUEPOINT 6384 425SX machine with DOS 6.22 installed on the hard drive - that I've set aside for a situation just like this.

I'll post my progress on this forum when I can.

And thanks to others commenting on this topic !

Regards,
Paul K.
(6CW4)
Out of Production Hardware / Re: Buyer Beware - Used KJ3 Pr...
Last post by jvthorsley - September 30, 2022, 01:55:50 PM
Yes Curtis
But what did you say to commercial customers who wanted a ProTrack plus Workstation?
Did you sell them the KJ2 or KJ4, as the KJ3 plus Workstation was designed for the US Navy?
Perhaps EBay should be made aware of the problem with the ProTrack KJ3.
Last post by admin - September 26, 2022, 06:57:02 AM
As the designs for the ProTrack main board changed (caused by parts going obsolete) the firmware would change with them. Functionally, all of the ProTracks were the same. The KJ3 units had some differences that were requested by the Navy (such as the yellow banana test jack on the back) that did not relate to how they were used by the techs.
Last post by fetron - September 24, 2022, 09:03:21 AM
Hello!

Try looking at the encoder signals on an oscilloscope.
Kj2 version U59 ic pin 41 (A signal), pin 42 (B signal).
Kj3 version U12 ic pin 41 (A signal), pin 42 (B signal).
Last post by jvthorsley - September 23, 2022, 02:32:38 PM
Hi Curtis
Good for Huntron getting a Military contract, but what did you sell your commercial customers at the time?
If the firmware on the ProTrack KJ3 version was only designed for a version of Workstation for your Military contracts, what version did you sell you commercial customers, KJ2 or was the KJ4 available then?
And would I be correct in saying that the ProTrack + Scanner had the same frequency, volage, & resistance ranges on all the ProTracks from KJ1 through to KJ4.
Except of cause the KJ1, & KJ2 used a parallel or Centronics Port. But as Windows updated their operating system Huntron designed a USB Adaptor Card for the KJ1, & KJ2 versions. The KJ3 (Military version), & KJ4 had a USB Port as standard installed, plus surface mounted components on the main logic board.
So would I be correct in saying that the KJ2 is a better prospect to buy if finances are not available to buy a KJ4, or even a 3200S?
At least all the components are still available for the KJ2 through hole components (Some searching & equivalents for some of them) as I have covered on repairs to my own two ProTracts as detailed on this Forum.
And unlike the 2800S you have in the ProTrack a system capable of scanning 128 pins on the end of an IDE Ribbon cable. And very useful too!