New National Instrumens NI GPIB-USB-HS Interface Adapter controller IEEE 488

Started by David cordero, September 17, 2017, 07:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David cordero

Hello

Hello I can use this interface to connect the tracker 5100 ds, and do not use isa cards.

here are the specs.

The compact NI GPIB-USB-HS transforms any computer with a USB port into a full-function, IEEE 488.2 controller that can control up to 14 programmable GPIB instruments. The small size and light weight of this controller make it ideal for portable applications using a laptop computer or other applications in which the computer has no available internal I/O slots. The GPIB-USB-HS works with Windows 7/Vista/XP/Me/2000/98, Mac OS X,
and Linux computers with a USB port.

IEEE 488.1 transfer rates up to 1.8 MB/s (standard) and 7.7 MB/s (HS488)
Hi-Speed USB compliance; compatibility with USB 1.x full-speed ports
No GPIB cable requirement for instrument connection; plug-and-play installation and configuration
NI-488.2 for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux (2.6-24)
RoHS compliance; complete IEEE 488.2 compatibility
Completely IEEE 488.2 compatible
Controls up to 14 GPIB instruments
Compact size and light weight
Plug-and-play configuration
No external power required
Built-in 2 m USB cable
No GPIB cable required to connect to instruments
Hi-Speed USB compliance

Package includes:
1 x National Instrumens NI GPIB-USB-HS GPIB Data Acquisition Card.

admin

Unknown. The 5100DS was only shipped with the ISA version. Give it try. This information may help:
http://www.huntron.com/sales-support/pdf/5100ds-gpib.pdf

You need to try and duplicate the settings shown for this interface to the USB interface.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

David cordero

I think the manufacturer of the gpib would be the best in giving the information since it builds the iSa and the USB, both are IEEE 488 and both work with the same programs windows, in my case XP sp3 I think it would be possible already that GPIB is nothing more than an interface to control instruments, and I see many possibilities, so I will test and publish the results in the forum to help other users.

Al1234

does anyone know if this interface can be connected the other way around, the USB towards the device and GPIB towards the computer?

admin

The GPIB interface was only used with the Tracker 5100DS. You have a ProTrack, correct?
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

Al1234