Huntron Access Prober (non usb)

Started by Al1234, January 30, 2023, 10:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

As mentioned earlier, an Access Prober of any type (serial or USB) will not work with 3.5.4.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

Al1234

Sorry I think I missed one of your posts I just went back and read it.
I do not want to use the access for any other reason than to connect to a ProTrac and a scanner.
I have a protrack and a scanner. Together they are a wonderfully pair. But I wanted to add the access to the pack.
Perhaps I should contact you guys about the upgrade to 4.V

admin

You can order through the shopHuntron online store if you wish. No surprise, the Workstation license for a ProTrack with Prober is not cheap. The first year of software maintenance is included.

Workstation license for Tracker with Prober

EDIT: Sorry, just remembered you have a KJ3 ProTrack so you will not be able to get a 4.3 license.

Al1234

Can I pissibily get the wiring diagram from the access serial connector type of the 9 pin connector to DB9 please.

admin

It is a standard serial connection on the HS20 serial controller but it doesn't matter. You cannot use an Access Prober (serial or USB) with 3.5.4 (if that is what you are trying to do). Do I not understand something here?

However, just because you asked here is a standard RS232 serial pinout:

Al1234

thank you very much for that. do you have the wiring diagram for the other side , the Cyberpak serial connector?

jvthorsley

You could try this and the Product Manuals CD might be useful.

admin

Heavy sigh... A quick Google search on "cyberpak hs20USB:" yielded this information (you should give it a try):

Al1234

:'(  :'(
Yes thank you very much, I've seen that information on the internet. And I downloaded the complete manual for HS20USB, but have you seen connector j402 pinout, the #1 pin is missing! and the #9 pin is used in two different places.
I followed everything and didn't notice the first time but then I noticed it.
At first before connecting the serial port using the USB connection Access Prober was responding and axis were moving using a terminal program but only huntron wouldn't connect to it.

After connecting the serial port, access did not respond to serial and it stopped desponding to USB after that.
Now With the USB connection I get text responses back in the terminal program but unable to move axis.
With the serial port I get no response back at all.
I'm suspecting something has been damaged. :'(

I have the CD manual. I didn't think I saw anything in detail in there but I'll take another look.
Thank you

admin

The CD manual will not have any information on the HS20USB.
The J402 serial connector on the HS20USB was intended to be used to daisy chain additional controller cards. I still think it is pointless to try and connect to the Prober this way.