Seeking Huntron 5000 Software and operating/Service Manuals

Started by 6CW4, September 10, 2022, 03:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6CW4

Hello,
I have a Huntron 5000 that i need the software for as well as the Operation/Service Manuals.

An older posting on this forum mentioned the software was located and posted here:
https://huntron.com/sales-support/download/5000software.zip

But the file no longer resides there.
I would appreciate help on this as I would like to get this unit operating.
I plan to use an older MSDOS based machine to control the 5000.

Thank you,
Paul Kupersmith

admin

I modified the link above so it should work now.
No luck finding the Tracker 5000 manuals yet.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

jvthorsley

Hi Curtis
Have to excuse my uncertainty on this but do the 5100DS manuals under obsolete files on the Huntron Product Manuals ver. 3.0 apply to what new visitor 6CW4 is looking for.

admin

The 5100DS user manual may provide some insight but the software for the 5000 was pretty rudimentary. The 5000 used a parallel connection and IBM PC/XT computers. The manuals for the 5000 were never scanned like most of the other manuals probably because not many were sold before the 5100DS was released.

jvthorsley

Quick search on Google and I found the Manual for the Huntron 5100DS.
I hope that the 5000 that user 6CW4 has is complete, unlike a number of the 5100DS units that came up on Ebay missing one essential circuit board. A bit like the ProTracks on Ebay now!
Looks like the major difference between the 5000, and the 5100DS is that the 5000 used a parallel or Centronics Port as Curtis says, and the 5100DS used an over complicated GPIB port or IEEE-488 digital communications.
At least MSDOS VER. 6.22 for the 5000 was a bit more reliable than early versions of the Windows operating systems.
Just a thought Curtis - does the 5000 have the missing analog card on the 5100DS, that's the one with all the trim Pots on it?
As shown below this.

Huntron 5100DS Analog Card.jpg

admin

The 5000 does have an analog card but it is completely different from the one used in the 5100DS. I recall using a 5000 when I first hired on with Huntron and it was excruciatingly slow. The 5100DS was fast (probably why the 5000 was redesigned!).

6CW4

Thank you to the Administrator who provided the corrected link to the 5000 software zip file.
It's very much appreciated !

I look forward to powering up the 5000 and trying out the software on a working IBM PS/VALUEPOINT 6384 425SX machine with DOS 6.22 installed on the hard drive - that I've set aside for a situation just like this.

I'll post my progress on this forum when I can.

And thanks to others commenting on this topic !

Regards,
Paul K.
(6CW4)

admin

jvthorsley

An IBM PS/2 with 286 CPU + DOS VER. 6.22, whatever more could you desire.
Used to make good money replacing the failed delay line chip on the IBM PS/2 Computers!