Access 2 USB with Tracker, no continuity in Prober

Started by cguard, May 28, 2013, 12:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cguard

Hello,

I'm a new user trying to perform a few simple testes with our Access 2 USB, to make sure the hardware is working before I dive a little deeper into the Workstation software. I have the Workstation software up, showing a live view of the signature window. When I touch my ground clip to the signal port on the front, I can see a short. When I touch the ground to the Prober tip, I cannot see any continuity in my live view. The Access 2 passed a continuity test from the Prober tip to the BNC output on the back. Is there a setting I've missed?

I'm using the Huntron Access 2 USB model. I have the software connected to the internal tracker (I have a tracker 30, but I'm using the internal for testing purposes.) I'm also using a demo version of the latest software on a Windows 7 (64bit) os.

Thanks!

admin

Welcome to the Huntron Forum, cguard.
I suspect that the Prober probe tip is not connected to the Tracker. This is accomplished by connecting the "Probe" BNC jack to the "Channel A" BNC on the back panel using a short BNC cable that was supplied with the system. This may seem strange at first but this gives you the ability to disconnect the internal Tracker from the probe tip and connect an external instrument.
Thanks.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

cguard

This makes perfect sense. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks!