Huntron ProTrack I + Scanner

Started by CyberG3N, October 30, 2023, 08:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyberG3N

I want to use the workstation program for my Protrack I + Scanner device Model 20 A, which version should I download?
No camera

jvthorsley

I'll jump in before Curtis on this one.
It all depends on what version of Windows you want to run Workstation on and do you want Tech support on it.
I got the most recent version because as written about on this Forum I wanted to connect a Keysight DMM to the output of my Scanner. Plus a Keysight E4980AL LCR meter connected in the same way.

admin

The ProTrack (USB only) and Scanner are still supported in the current version of Huntron Workstation 4.3. You can contact your local Huntron distributor and inquire about a license.
https://huntron.com/sales-support/sales.htm

Older versions such as Workstation 3.5.4 can still be used but not with newer Windows versions. You have to use Windows XP and earlier. Workstation 3.5.4 is linked in this Forum thread:
https://huntron.com/forum/index.php?topic=244.0
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

jvthorsley

As Curtis says if you want to run your ProTrack on Workstation 4.3 you will need the USB version.
I see the USB adaptor cards are still available on EBay for $95.00.

admin

If the ProTrack serial number prefix is KJ3 then Huntron Workstation 4.3 cannot be used. Workstation 3.5.4 may be your only option. There is more discussion about KJ3 ProTracks in this Forum thread:

https://huntron.com/forum/index.php?topic=309.0

CyberG3N

I need a detailed user manual for this device.

I downloaded Workstation 3.5.4 and installed it on Windows XP operating system, but I am getting edc1000std error.

admin

When you install 3.5.4 you need to do it from a simple path/directory name on the c: drive. Uninstall the software. Create a folder called "huntron" on the c: drive, unzip the downloaded file to that location then try installing.

CyberG3N

I completed the installation.
The error I see now is
Hardware error
Unable to open Loop Compensation data file
Run Loop Calc in Control-Maintenance-Protrack I Diagnostics

I follow this step but I still get the same error.

admin

Using the software with the ProTrack requires the Loop Calc file to run. Perform the Loop Calc in the Workstation diagnostics. When done restart Workstation and try connecting to the ProTrack.

CyberG3N

I perform Loop Calc and restart the workstation. It asks me to do loop calc again

CyberG3N

I completed the Loop Calc process. I restarted Workstation. It asks me to do loop calc again.

admin

The file that is created when Loop Calc is run (for a ProTrack only) is called LCPRO.TXT. 
If you run the Loop Calc with the ProTrack and ProTrack Scanner connected (Scanner connected to the ProTrack with the RJ45 interface cable, the BNC cables between the ProTrack and Scanner and powered on) then file created is called LCSPRO.TXT.
I do not recall where these files are stored for Workstation 3.5.4 so search you PC for these files to make sure they are created.

jvthorsley

Hi
The file LCSPRO.TXT on my Workstation 4.3 Ver. is located here:-
Windows C:\users\public\public documents\huntron hardware files\LCSPRO.TXT
I guess this is the same with Workstation 3.5.4.

admin

James, do you still have 3.5.4. installed? Maybe you can locate the LCSPRO file created by that version?

jvthorsley

Yes I have it installed on an old PC.
I will fire it up and let you know.