Software for Tracker 5000

Started by drf24, January 04, 2013, 08:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drf24

I know this is a long shot but, I bought what I was assuming was a 5100. End up it is a Tracker 5000. I have contacted Huntron Tech and they were not able to locate any of the software at their location. If anyone has any information about the software or where to locate it I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Dean Fink

admin

I mentioned this to our software programmer and he dug out and dusted off his software safe. Lo and behold there were ancient 3.5 floppies labeled Tracker 5000 v3.22! This is pretty lucky considering the original product shipped with software on 5.25inch disks.

I cannot vouch for the quality of the copy (we only have one PC here with a floppy drive) but you can give it a try. The ZIP file contains 4 folders, one for each floppy disk.
Linkage:
http://www.huntron.com/sales-support/download/5000software.zip

This is DOS only so hopefully you can find a PC old enough to work okay.

Curtis
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

jvthorsley

Just for interest and probably not of any help for the Tracker 5000.
I have copies of Workstation 1.8 & 2.2 that will run on operating systems up to Windows SE.
And can be used on the Tracker 5100DS/RP383, 5300, DSI700, ProTrack 1/ Scanner I, II, & III.

drf24

Curtis, thanks for the software. I was able to load it onto an XP computer but it is getting an error when I try to do a COMM.exe test. I am trying to locate an old PC with Windows 95 now to try it. I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks again
Dean

drf24

Update for my search for an old computer. Found one on eBay, not a great price but good enough to take a chance. I also found both Windows 95 and Windows 3.1 new in the wrapper! I am trying the Windows 3.1 first, I think it is from the same era as the 5000.
Thanks again for the software, without it this project would be dead in the water!

admin

The 5000 was before Windows but you should be able to shell out to DOS and have a shot at getting it working.

Curtis
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

drf24

Found some time to try a few more things. To update, both the computer and the 5000 are up and running. I was able to get both DOS and an NOS WIN 3.1 running. The Huntron 5000 communicates with the computer. Started to run the alignment program but realized I would need a few more pieces of test equipment. I havent been able to get the Huntron to change the levels. Right now when I go into test probe and select manual the level goes to High no matter what level I try to put it at. I forgot to mention during the alignment the out put levels do change from low to high as needed for the alignment. If anyone has any ideas let me know