Question for Huntron 2800

Started by Bert, May 03, 2017, 10:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

Hello Huntron users.

I have a huntron 2800 and i want to test a mosfet ic the mip0221
I think is defect but what signature for this mosfet ic or mosfet is good or bad signature.

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks anyway..

Greetings Bert from the Netherlands...

admin

Hello Bert,
The MIP0221 is an interesting component. It has quite of bit logic that drives the control (gate) pin of the power MOSFET connected to the drain and source pins. I will caution you to use lower Tracker voltages when testing as power MOSFET devices can be sensitive to reverse (negative) voltages. Keep the voltage below 5V and you should be okay.
It is difficult to generalize what a good or bad signature will look like so it is best to look at the signatures of several good devices to establish a baseline of good information. This will help you decide when you have a bad one. As with most semiconductor components, always suspect it is bad if you see any resistive change in the signatures.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

jvthorsley

If in doubt always compare against a known good device.
But as Curtis says any resistive element in the trace rather than the usual diode knee could indicate a problem.
But as the MIP0221 has internal resistors the only way to be sure is to compare against a know good one.
See data sheet:- http://images.100y.com.tw/pdf_file/31-PANASONIC-MIP0223SC.pdf