Protracker unable to save

Started by Al1234, December 05, 2022, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al1234

Back to the original question:
Anyone has any idea why The protracker says unable to store pc has control Press ESC.

This fault shows up once or twice a  week on a regular basis.
PorTrak is connected to a scanner only. USB plug is empty.
My fix has been to turn the it off and on.
But it's becoming annoying plus I worry this maybe a tell-tell sign of a bigger problem.

admin

Yes, your original question got a bit sidetracked with a Scanner discussion.
Can you describe when the message is displayed? I don't recall seeing this one before.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

Al1234

Good morning message only shows after parameters are set and immediately after "store" is pressed.

Edit: and from what I remember only the first time  in the day unit is urned on

admin

Is it when you are trying to save one particular setting or when saving any of them? Maybe post a picture of the message??

If I recall correctly the firmware chip is not the original, right? If so, it could be something with the way it is accepting the programming. Honestly, if the error doesn't drive you too crazy or stop you from using the Tracker, it may be easiest to just ignore it (cop out solution, I know...  :D )

Al1234

I will pay attention to see when it's happening...
At the rate it's happening i can handle it. I need a power cut off in the front instead of reaching out in the back.

Al1234

To answer your question, original chip or not? it came with the firmware chip on it.

admin

Quote from: Al1234 on February 28, 2023, 12:03:48 AMI need a power cut off in the front instead of reaching out in the back.

We fixed that with the Tracker 2800/2800S and 3200S.  :D

Al1234

Good to hear. Here for now it's going to be a didicated power strip