ProTrack I model 20

Started by Paula Silva, January 12, 2023, 04:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paula Silva

Thank you very much, Al1234. I'll keep you all informed as soon as I have some time to return to the tracker.  :)

Paula Silva

Hi, everyone. Unfortunately I have to realize my tracker is broken, each of the three firmware versions I got brick it when trying to save some parameters (probably the culprit is one of those RAMs Fetron mentioned previously). Gonna order them both, replace one at a time and then let you all know the outcome.
Anyway, thank you all for your kind support!  :)

fetron

Hi Paula!
Try to run the diagnostic function for Huntron workstation software. The hardware test useful function.

Paula Silva

Thanks Fetron, I will. Haven't got much time lately for electronics due to some family problems. Anyway, as said before, I'll keep you informed of any findings from this place.

Thank you all for your help and support!  ;)

Paula Silva

Hello, everyone. Finally had some time to (try to) fix my ProTrack I. I've tested both SRAMs on my Dataman 48pro+ programmer in soak/repetitive mode, and none of them failed. Anyway, I've noticed some bad solder joints on them (when they were still soldered to the PCB), so gonna solder them and cross fingers for the repair.

I'll keep tou informed from time to time.

Paula Silva

BTW, is there anyone kind enough to share with me this ProTrack Schematics? As I mentioned, its serial number is KJ3-01733. Thanks in advance...  :)

jvthorsley

Hi Paula
Email Curtis Huntron Tech Support he might help.

jvthorsley

Hi Paula
From your photo the circuit board doesn't look very clean.
If you could put the board in an Ultra Sonic Tank or just a bucket full of Isopropanol and gentle brushing then let the Isopropanol evaporate. a clean circuit board with surface mount components is a lot easier to fault find to see if any component pads are lifting. And even though this unit is newer than the KJ2 I use I would still check if you haven't already done all the Electrolytic Capacitors with an ESR Meter. The ESR Meter produced by Peak Electronic Design is very good. See their web site www.peakelec.co.uk and have a look at the ESR70.
Hope I haven't upset Curtis by advertising another companies services!!

admin

Quote from: jvthorsley on May 04, 2023, 10:45:32 AM\The ESR Meter produced by Peak Electronic Design is very good. See their web site www.peakelec.co.uk and have a look at the ESR70.
Hope I haven't upset Curtis by advertising another companies services!!
Careful, James, I might ban you!  ;)
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

admin

Quote from: Paula Silva on April 30, 2023, 01:25:16 PMBTW, is there anyone kind enough to share with me this ProTrack Schematics? As I mentioned, its serial number is KJ3-01733. Thanks in advance...  :)

Hi Paula,
Currently we cannot supply schematics for the KJ3 or KJ4 models. Sorry.

jvthorsley

Hi Paula
I would be interested to hear how you get on with this project of yours.
And as Curtis hasn't banned me from the site yet, and I won't risk telling you were I get my Isopropanol locally from, but I'm sure you can get industrial alcohol / Isopropanol in Portugal.

And as said on this Forum I would still say your better off with a ProTrack   KJ2.
I have written about this on the  Forum how I managed to fix my ProTrack Scanner after stuffing 12 V.D.C into it when it prefers 5 V.D.C.

And I think you will find Curtis might help you with circuit diagrams for the KJ1 & KJ2, if you decide the KJ3 is going nowhere.

Paula Silva

Hello everyone, back again almost an year after last post! Sorry for not appearing all this time...

Well, my ProTrack is working fine again, the problem was indeed the flash P28F001BX-T, since I was using the P28F001BX-B version. Thank you very much for your valuable cooperation!  :D

One "small" question, where can I buy its front panel? Unfortunately I've burn it with my soldering iron (it slipped from its stand)...  :'(

admin

Welcome back, Paula,
Unfortunately Huntron no longer has ProTrack parts. You may be able to find a used front panel.
Thanks.