workstation 3.5 and window

Started by Al1234, November 26, 2022, 09:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al1234

Okay I will try this when I get in the shop tonight.
Thank you

Al1234

I have those files in my folder as well. but it looks like there is a bit of difference in the data size. for example, my setup.exe is 8,374 KB, the one in your pictured above is 8.6 KB. My file is about 200-300 KB short on data compared to what I see in the picture. A few other files are different as well. I will send a picture of mine.

Al1234

These are extracted files on my sys.

Al1234

I tried all of that and it did not work.
The laptop which I thought has XP on it actually has Windows 7.
"Winhunt" folder under C drive is the folder that setup.exe creats for huntron installation automatically. Should I make an additional folder before installing named winhunt under C drive and extract the files into?

fetron

It only works with the following Operating Systems:
Win 95, Win NT, Win XP.

admin

The screen shot I posted was from my Mac which probably calculates file size a bit differently. When installing 3.5.4, if you use the defaults for the install path it will create a "winhunt" folder.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

Al1234

I've installed WS 3.5.4 in Window XP Professional Service pack 3, WS  seems to be working fine. But the protractor I, USB is not getting installed. The driver installation for the protracker goes into a loop which never ends in the windows hardware update wizard.

admin

I am not sure if I can be of any more help. I have no way to test Workstation 3.5.4 and a "ProTrack" (not protracker or protractor  ;D  ). No XP computers here.

Can anyone show AI1234 how the ProTrack should show in the XP Device Manager?
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

Al1234

Ok thank you for trying. Hopefully someone can help.
Got it ProTack. 😊😊

jvthorsley

Hi
In reply to request by Curtis I still have an old PC with Windows XP S/P 3, and Workstation 3.5.4.3 + Workstation 4.2.
Both work with my Huntron ProTrack + Scanner on Windows XP S/P 3.
I have attached photos of the Device Manager for Workstation 3.5.4.3.
Hope this helps.

Although my old PC is called ORAC it does not self repair like the computer on the 80's Si Fi TV series!!
Already had to replace the Electrolytic Capacitors round the CPU as they started blowing their tops.

jvthorsley

Hi
I have also attached photo showing the files in the directory C:\Huntron.
Any more information required?

Al1234

Got it thank you very much. I will try to install tomorrow or this weekend again. If it does not work, I'm going to try finding another computer with XP. I'm starting to think maybe there is some issues with this computer.

Al1234

Tried the install again in windows xp, did not work. BUT then I tried it on a windows 10. Driver was installed at ease. I was able to continue, ProTack and WS 3.5.4 connected. in the hardware setting it did not connect but asked to go through ProTrack diagnostics and perform a Loop Calc. The first ProTrack I was trying could not pass the Loop Calc. Had a couple of failed voltage or phase reading. this unit working but I really got it for parts in case... I might get around  to repairing it one day.
Then I brought my main ProTraK which I had recently repaired, this unit passed all the tests in Loop Calc. and just like that, it connected by itself. OHhhh my goodness, just like they said, so easy, Oh God, I can Sleep now.
I did a little fulling around with WS 3.5.4 in windows 10 it seems to be working but I think I need to learn more of the software to be sure. The Help menu deffenitly does not open in windows 10, SO used the XP comp to read the help.   
I can do manual Probing and see the signature on the manual test window and can change ranges...etc. But have not been able to save anything. since the component I was probing had no continuity between pins, WS pointed this out and asked to make sure of and check my connections, so that sounds smart and hopeful.
I setup a component...did a manual probing. but I don't think I know How to save or view it. I am debating to purchase the tutorial CD and board.
next I will connect the scanner and see how that will go.
thank you everyone. I appreciate all your guidance very very much.

jvthorsley

Hi
Workstation 3.5 is as  Curtis (Huntron Tech support Engineer) says "It is a 16bit program so it can work with Windows XP".
You might have loaded Workstation 3.5 onto Windows 10, but its not going to work.
It will only work with Windows 98, Windows 2000, & Windows XP.
Also once Workstation 3.5 is installed on the correct operating system you will have to run Loop Calc before the program will work with your ProTrack + Scanner.
perhaps Curtis when he is back online on Monday will confirm this!

No real need to purchase the tutorial, just probe a few different Capacitors, MOSFETS, Triacs, and resistor capacitor combinations and you'll soon learn what can be done with a Tracker. Try using the Pulse generator to switch on some Triacs / SCR's. Or use the pulse generator to switch a load like a 12 V. bulb on an IGBT.

Al1234

Okay thank you I will. I've used the Huntton 2700 for a while.
But the ProTrack is a different Beast then adding the scanner, watch out.

How do you save any signature in workstation 3.5? Under control and signatures, message comes up saying signature does not exist..
Under control then manual I can use the protracker but only in live mode. I can only save one signature on the screen for comparison. But this won't save anything on the computer to view for later. I wish I had not misplaced the Huntrons manual CD I purchased.