How to use a Tracker 3200S to test a PCB connector

Started by admin, January 25, 2023, 03:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

A common use for the scanner feature on a Tracker 3200S is to build a custom cable that attaches from front panel connector to a connector on a PCB. This is done to have a faster method to locate faults. To help show the process of creating the test we have added a new video to our YouTube channel.
Have a look at post any comments or questions.

The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

Al1234

jvthorsley

Like the video Curtis.
Just one thing and maybe you would confirm if you can do it on a 3200S.
When setting up a test for a new circuit board I would set some nominal resistance, frequency, & voltage ranges on my ProTrack, and then select menu, Scanner, number of pins to scan, and then scroll through all the pins to see if I had the optimal settings to fault find the circuit board.
I would do this before setting up the test on Workstation.

admin

The 3200S can do this although you are using buttons instead of an encoder knob.

jvthorsley

Would I be right in thinking that its quicker to scan through a number of pins using an Encoder knob rather than the 3200S buttons?

admin

Quote from: jvthorsley on October 10, 2023, 06:56:16 AMWould I be right in thinking that its quicker to scan through a number of pins using an Encoder knob rather than the 3200S buttons?
Maybe but I have never compared them side by side. You can hold the UP or DOWN buttons on the 3200S to scroll quickly through the pins.