workstation 3.5 and window

Started by Al1234, November 26, 2022, 09:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al1234

I was wondering which Windows workstation 3.5 can be installed on? and does it need an authorization for the protracker to connect or is it plug and play?

fetron

Please read "readme.txt"

admin

It is a 16bit program so it can work with Windows XP.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

jvthorsley

And you can download it from the Forum.
Just ask Curtis, Tech Support.
Use the password 354XPSP2.
And extract to C:\.
What version of the ProTrack are you wanting to use it with?
Just ask Curtis.

Al1234

Thanks everyone, downloaded and installed
Question. When open and try to correct Hardware (protractor USB) there are three choices for a USB tracker what are those which one are you supposed to choose?
378h
278h
3BCh

jvthorsley

Hi
I think you will find that that the USB Auto-Detect will find which port you are connected to.
There are a few other settings in Preferences you can also play with.

Al1234

I have problem in XP windows Professional 32 bit / service pack 3, Protracker driver hptusb.sys never ends installing. installation window for driver install "found new Hardware wizard" is up and running for the last 1/2 hours. I have stopped it in previous installation attempts and the device manager shows a clear Protracker icon as if it is ready to be used. but WS 3.5.4 does not recognize it. and also in Device manager, the protracker property folder says device is not installed.

jvthorsley

Hi A11234
Did you install Workstation 3.5 like this:-
"
The online download 3.5.4 file is zipped and needs to be extracted to the c:\huntron path. Then install by running  "setup".

If you have an original 3.5.4 installation CD then install from the CD".(Copy from Curtis Huntron Tech 2017)?

If your ProTrack is a KJ3 version.
I see Curtis did write this "The KJ3 units will not activate with commercial software. There are some firmware differences as well because of the range settings the US Navy Gold Disk program used. It is more legacy support than anything".

Has Curtis said that Workstation 3.5 should be compatible with your ProTrack KJ3 version if that is what you have there.

I have installed Workstation 3.5 for a ProTrack KJ1 & KJ2 using Windows XP Pro /32-bit / SP3 with no problems, apart that is from trying to install other than my first comment here.

fetron

Happy New Year!

Burn workstation 3.5.4 to cd.
Uninstall previous installations.
Then try to install the program from the CD.

KJ3 version runs well with Workstation 3.5.4.

admin

The addresses in the ProTrack Hardware Settings were for parallel ProTracks. USB versions should be recognized automatically if the driver is installed.

Try fetron's advice above.

Al1234

Thank you guys, I will try that tonight when I'm back in the shop and will keep you updated

Al1234

I put the program on cd/DVD, removed the already installed WS from computer. Could not remove ws name from the program list.
Removed hptusb.sys from driver folder.
Eventhough everything is removed  computer does not say found new hardware when protracker is plugged in.

then tried installing protracker driver from cd. It got stock in "hardware update wizard" window. See picture.
I tried this install before and after installing the WS 3.5.4, same result, looping on last step of the wizard window.

admin

Make sure WinXP is updated to at least Service Pack 2. Install the driver from the CD (or the extracted download file) called "hptusb.inf".

Al1234

Good morning, I have windows xp Professional Service Pack 3. tried installing drivers with CD, CD:Huntron, C: & C:/Huntron.

I can only choose up to the "Hontron" folder, on CD or C: while going through driver installation.

Then, I tried just extracted files and no "Huntron" folder under C: and burnt on CD. I could only choose up to the location of the extracted files on drives C: or D: while going through window driver install.

But when no "Huntron" folder Was on CD and only extracted files, window xp started installation of WS as soon as CD was placed in the the DVD player. Since WS was already installed I would stop the install...

Also I thought, the driver file is HPTUSB.SYS.
Every time I have to stop the computer from endless looping in the Hardware Updare Wizard window while trying to install the driver, I go in "C:... Driver" folder and remove the hptusb.sys. I don't see a hptusb.inf.

Could there be something wrong with my xp. I think I might have another xp on a laptop somewhere. I'll try that later.
And will try the WS install from the CD as well.

admin

When you extract the contents of the download file "huntronworkstation3.5.4.zip" you will see a hptusb.inf file in the extracted location (see image).
Also, when you install (run the Setup.exe), use the default folder which is C:\winhunt