Alignement problems with Access Prober

Started by Flash49, February 11, 2010, 04:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flash49

Hello,

I'm using an Access prober (serial, no USB) with a ProTrackI and Huntron Workstation 4 on WinXP.
Since this morning, I have some problems with align points.
When I open an existing project, when I select an align point (alignement1 or 2), the probe go to the front left end stop and do the same if I want to go to one specific pin with the Teach pane.
The other problem is, if I create a new project and want to define align points, I set the two align points, and when i click on "save" this error message appears:
QuoteMessage: Input string was not in a correct format. Couldn't store <1525.98>
in AlignTop1X column. Expected type is Double.
This error occured at 11/02/2010 13:36:31

Stack: at System.Data.DataColumn.set_Item(Int32 record, Object value)
at System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(DataColumn column, Object value)
at System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(String columnName, Object value)
at Workstation.FormProber.btnAlignSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I can't use the prober since this morning.
Thank you in advance for your help.

admin

Hello Flash49 and welcome to the Huntron Support Forums.

This is a strange problem. Somehow the alignment point coordinates appear to have changed to some very large number that the Prober is trying to execute. Since it started this morning, what has changed about your system since yesterday? Was new software installed or were some settings changed? Sometimes Regional and Language settings can affect writing to the database because of the different uses of commas versus periods. Try setting Windows Regional temporarily to English (USA) and see if the problem changes. What is the version of Huntron Workstation you are using? When you created the new project, what was the "Unit of Measure" used?
If you click the Prober Home button in the Toolbar does the Prober go Home correctly?

These are my initial thoughts and I will post more as I think of suggestions.
Thanks.

The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

Flash49

Thank you. The problem was the time format. It was set to french.
It works normaly when I set the USA time format.
I don't know why it was set to french. Maybe due to a Windows update.

Thank you.

admin

Hi Flash,
I am glad it works now. What version of Huntron Workstation are you using? We have made some changes to newer versions to fix problems related to the Regional settings.
Merci.

Flash49

Sorry for the delay, but I had some problems with my Internet connection.
The version of Huntron Workstation I use is 4.1.3579.11310.

Have a nice day

admin

Hi Flash,
You have the current production release so I will look into this issue further. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Curtis