Creating new alignment images and other tasks

Started by mpallant, March 27, 2010, 03:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpallant

For the life of me, I cannot find where I can create a new alignment image from the current camera view.

The autoalign feature fails to work because my original images are darker (cannot lighten - the ambient light in the work area has changed).  But besides this, often a board will have a variance created by a rev change that happens to be in the viewing area of an alignment point.  I need to be able to 'save' the new alignment image, but the save button is greyed out.

I figure that I need to delete some key in the registry, but I'd rather have that pointed out specifically before I go mess something up.

This little 'how to' is something that would be great if incorporated into the help file.  A nice thing about help files is the ability to have hypertext so that the user can look up a word from a heading such as 'align' and find the word 'image' from that section which is linked to various related tasks, such as getting a new alignment image.  The software is massive and it can be real time consuming to try to find the right way to perform everyday housekeeping tasks after a database is complete.

Thanks!

MP

admin

Hi MP,
You can get new alignment images by peforming a "Realign". Make sure to perform a regular "Align" as precisely as possible before using Realign. The Realign process is described in the CAD Import tutorial linked in the Help menu.

Thanks.

Curtis
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.