Submit your Workstation software suggestions!

Started by admin, August 01, 2011, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Hello all,
I have started this "sticky" thread as a spot to post new software suggestions. Any and all suggestions will be considered since we rely heavily on user feedback to keep Huntron Workstation moving forward.
PLease post by adding your reply to this thread.
Thanks!

Curtis (Admin)
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

AES Wind

Support Our Military.  FLY Navy!

admin

Quote from: AES Wind on September 13, 2011, 01:01:50 PM
Hmmmm.  Mine still won't walk my dog. . . .

Maybe not a dog but certainly a gerbil would fit. :)
(Maybe you are on to something here...)

AES Wind

I know, I know!!!  gerbil races!!! 

Beyond that though. . . 

Perhaps (I may have mentioned this before) the ability to compare components within a troublesheet, either side by side, or transposed one over the other.  (i.e. relays, identical function chips, etc...)  And I'm still waiting for that "skip component" and "reprobe" opens button. 

And flying pigs, and governmental fiscal responsibility, and the winning lotto numbers, and. . . .

AES Wind

All hail the Huntron Guru!  (genuflecting) I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

AES Wind

I do have one more thought to offer. 

In the troublesheet tab, how about the right-click functionality to sort the sheet not just by range/pin mode, but also by pin number (sequentially by 1 through x, or x through 1). 

admin

Quote from: AES Wind on September 22, 2011, 09:42:24 AM
I do have one more thought to offer. 

In the troublesheet tab, how about the right-click functionality to sort the sheet not just by range/pin mode, but also by pin number (sequentially by 1 through x, or x through 1). 

You can set this in the Tools/Options (can't recall which tab but I thunk is Scan) to force sequential display of Pin Order 1-X. This may or may not be useful since you will then likely need to scroll around to find the failed pins.

AES Wind

Ok, I lied. 

How 'bout being able to utilize multiple hand probes while on a troublesheet (reference) in "get sigs" or "real time" ?  My point being that due to opens re-probing, alignment time, and sometimes just plain old "i wanna do just a couple of components", I can do multiple smaller boards by hand utilizing the reference troublesheet in less time than the set up and debug would take doing it via robot (I know, I know, a waste of available hardware). 

So. . .  That's it.  Howdy-do, Huntron deity? 

Support

Have you tried it?

Disconnect the prober in Tools->Options->Hardware. Then put the tracker probe on a pin and right click on a signature and select Get Signature or Realtime.

admin

You can also use the button (stoplight) in the Toolbar to disconnect the Prober, right?

Support

dterkeurst

I think it would be useful if there was a function where you could run through all the pins like a test, but instead of using the prober have just the camera go from pin to pin.

This would help when programing different revisions of boards to help look for minor changes in pin placements.

admin

There is not an automated way to do this (yet, your suggestion is noted!) but favorite way to go through the components is to go into Teach mode and select pin 1. The camera will go to pin 1 of the selected Component (in the Tree/Components list). Then use the next component button "Comp>" to step through each component in order (it will automatically go to Pin 1).
To step through pins, I will again be in Teach mode and highlight Pin 1 in the drop menu. Then use the down arrow key on your keyboard to step through the pins of the selected component.

dterkeurst

Yes this is how I currently am doing it. However, I am using a slower laptop and have to wait for each new component to load so it consumes more time than I'd link.

ereides

Hi all,

There is something that I think is a must, at least for me  :), I wish will be in the system the possibility of "Re-probe Component Signatures" because some times I need to scan an entire component after some adjust, for example the height of the probe in order to obtain a better contact with the component, after the adjust I need to do "Re-probe pin Signatures" in every pin and that is very tedious specially in larger components.

Best Regards.

Ernesto
Best regards

Ernesto Reides