wanted

Started by David cordero, September 06, 2018, 12:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David cordero

i need a electrim EDC1000

ask, use this card an Eprom, or firmware? to be recognized by the software?

jvthorsley

Hello David i had one of these  electrim EDC1000 cards from a French company for my prober.
I can't say that the performance of the camera was that good.
I sold it with the prober through EBay .
I got the Prober quite cheaply from a local company, but soon realised that unless you have large quantity of the same board the time spent to set the Prober up does not make financial sense.
Plus the Prober I had did not work as it should.
As you have probably already done I also searched EBay, Google, Amazon for a  electrim EDC1000, but found nothing, just the PDF date sheet for it.
I still have the User Manual for the ProTrack Prober I, II, & II, and could make copy if you need.
I have found that Curtis gives helpful advice on this forum, but you don't get much else from the other users on this forum, just the odd comedian!
Hows the bike going?
Have to admit that I have part exchanged my 1978 MGB GT for a MK3 Maxda MX5, so should probably change the photo!
Might get more response on this forum if we start talking about motors!!!!!!
What's agricultural electronics like in your part of the world, do you get any repair work from that?
I was surprised to get a Farmer in Minnesota, USA, sending me a repair job to me in the UK.

David cordero

Hello friend, it is true in this forum and users who have this equipment working but as they have solved their problem they do not mind helping, someone who has a card can clone them and sell me one, it would be a good business because they do not exist anymore and it's a very simple card that if I had the data of the schematic I copied it myself, in my country I work with audio equipment and I have this robot that only needs to connect the camera and that is not a reason to throw it away I'm not according to the programmed obsolescence, only with the information of whether this card uses an Eprom would know what decision to take, it is true only you and Curtis contribute some of the information they have on hand, once again a thousand thanks for the support You always give me in this forum, regards, friend, James.

admin

I don't have a lot to add to the conversation other than I do see EDC1000 cards pop up on Ebay occasionally (usually for too much $$). Getting these old systems can be an uphill battle dealing with old ISA slot PCs, old software, old Windows, etc... As much as we would love to see you have a newer system, I realize the cost involved. Good luck.
Curtis
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

jvthorsley

Could David use the EDC2000 camera card, might be somewhat less difficult to locate.
Tried to submit a photo of the card, only 428 KB, but get this comment " Cannot access attachments upload path!".

David cordero

if the EDC 2000 appears it would be better but I would also need the camera, my question is do I have to modify something in the software to accept the EDC 2000 or do I need the EDC 2000 system with everything and software? If the humtron work station was made for the camera system electrim it is a bigger problem if I accepted any camera it would be a big help.

admin

We recently moved our entire web site including the Forum to a new web server and I am still working the little bugs. The Image Attachment should be okay now.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

jvthorsley

I know this is going off the subject a bit, but Curtis I still get "An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved".
When trying to submit a 428 KB photo of the EDC 2000.
Is 428 KB too big for this Forum?

But regarding the the EDC 2000 I believe from memory before I sold my Prober on EBay that the software did work, but some modification to the camera connections was required.