Will WS 4.1 run on win 7

Started by tracker, October 13, 2010, 07:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracker

Will the latest  WS 4.1  run on windows 7 ?
I notice there is XP compatibility mode in win 7, do we need to use this ?

admin

The initial tests I have performed using Win7 have been favorable with Huntron Workstation 4.1.3747 (latest release). Tracker model 30, ProTrack (USB only) and Access Prober hardware work normally. We will be testing the next 4.X release more extensively in Windows 7 so we can make the decision to officially support it.
Thanks.

Curtis
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

tracker

tried 32bit version of win7 ultimate and it installed and worked ok.Did not have to use XP compatibility setting.  64bit win7 reported DLL problems and would not install.

admin

Currently, no 64 bit operating system is supported, only 32 bit. In most cases, it comes down to the driver used by the hardware.
Thanks.

Curtis

admin

Just a quick follow up on this thread-- the new release 4.1.3999 supports Windows 7 32-bit. The only limitation is for users of older ProTracks with parallel port connections who must stay with Windows XP.
Thanks.

Curtis

jvthorsley

But what about running a ProTrack with USB in Windows 7 in XP mode. Has any one tried this?

admin

The issue may be the driver for the ProTrack. We have not tried a USB ProTrack in Win7 through XP mode. Post up here if anyone gives it a run.
Thanks.

dterkeurst

Has there been any update with the tracker and camera driver for 64 bit? I have an Access USB with Tracker and am trying to get it to run on win7 64 bit pro. but there are 2 devices that are missing their drivers the tracker model 30 and hs-20usb which I think may be the camera.

dterkeurst

I tried the xp mode with no avail. however I was able to get the prober tip camera software loaded and running in the tray this time. When adding the USB devices in the virtual xp the driver doesn't load for the Tracker Model 30 and the HS-20USB. When trying to activate the tracker and the prober I still get the same results,  nothing being found or work station locking up.

admin

There is full support for current Huntron Trackers and Probers in Win7 64bit provided you are using the current software release. ProTracks are still limited to 32bit environments.