Obsolete Workstation software.

Started by jvthorsley, November 25, 2018, 03:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvthorsley

Now that Workstation V. 3.54 and older versions are "freely" available and Curtis gives the necessary password for it on this Forum, I wonder how many more years might have to go by before old versions of Workstation 4 become "freely"available with password.

admin

Workstation 4 uses activation codes attached to the hardware serial number being used (Tracker or Prober) so an open password version is not possible.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

jvthorsley

But in 30 years time if we are still here will you guys be still wanting $1500.00 plus for early versions of Workstation 4, when Workstation 5 or 6 is the current version?!?

admin

That would be for the next generation of Huntronians to decide.

jvthorsley

I still don't see why the early versions of workstation up to Ver. 4 to 4.2 should be charged at the same price as the current version 4.3 +at Price: $3,495.00 !!
I guess last years Workstatation is just as valuable, unlike last years car, iPhone, or Windows operating system!!

admin

The pricing structure for Workstation recently changed. A license for a Tracker WITH Prober is still $3495.00. A Tracker 3200S, Model 30 and ProTrack license is $1995.00. A Tracker 2800 license is $1495.00. Licenses are only required if your activation code is expired (or you do not have a valid code) otherwise we only charge the maintenance fee.

David cordero

someone here listened to the programmed obsolescence? ;D

David cordero

Someday they will release the source code of the obsolete workstations, the day that happens let me know.

admin

jvthorsley

Well we are all living longer and here in the U.K .and  his Majestys Government are now talking of making the pension age at 68.
By then as long as no foolish power blows the whole world up the most recent CEO of Huntron might give you the source code if your still wanting it.!!
And France are complaining about a pension age of 64.
I might add to this why should I have to pay tax on a pension I have already paid tax on, but perhaps this is getting too political for A Huntron tech discussion!!