suggestion about software

Started by minhbongdem, March 10, 2017, 01:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minhbongdem

I have a small suggestion about software. May you make hwdb database open in Share mode like mdb database in WS 4.2 ? I want to use it with multi users. It may be an option when open a hwdb database. User can choose open hwdb database in Exclusive or Share mode.

admin

At this point it is not possible as the HWDB is a relational database that can opened by one user at a time. The MDB files in 4.2 were the same way unless you know something I do not. :)
Thanks for the question.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

minhbongdem

thanks for reply. When I use WS 4.2 (mdb database) I can open this database via Microsoft Access at a time. It helps me check and edit if I want, don't need to exit WS. Example: In mdb database, if 2 or more components have a few same signatures of pins, I often use Microsoft Access to copy them. Its fast and better than scan again by WS. With hwdb database in WS4.3, I use VistaDB to open it but its opened in Exclusive mode (default mode - I think). so I cant open it with multi connection. I think if new WS4.3 can allow user open hwdb in Share mode is better. Or an option allows user choose Open mode ( Exclusive or share mode)

admin

The main reason for not having a share mode is that will affect the access speed to the database. However, we will consider your request for the future.
Thank you.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.