Huntron Shortrack Model 90

Started by mr.fabe, April 06, 2021, 06:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.fabe

Hello,

Is there any manual, schematics, or any other information on the Huntron Shortrack Model 90?

Thank you

admin

The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

mr.fabe

mr.fabe

Hello,

When I start the unit and try to adjust the gain at the maximum current point, there is no change.  The display just flickers between -1 to 1 and adjusting the knob does nothing.  I don't believe that is normal behavior but I want to confirm it before I make an attempt to repair it.  Anyone with experience on the use of the Shortrack?  Are there any schematics available?

Thank you

admin

Maybe the battery is weak? Also, use a Tracker range that has current such as LOW when  setting up the adjustment.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

mr.fabe

Sorry for the late reply.  Just saw this.  Luckily, I was able to repair the unit.  Works great.  Thanks for the input.

jvthorsley

But for anyone else with a Model 90, what did you do to repair it?
Always good to know how a repair is accomplished.

mr.fabe

This wasn't a typical solution to a repair like the early tracker series oscillator failure.  I simply did the basics, cleaned and lubricated the switch, examined the board for obvious problems.  I found a tantalum that was cracking... didn't make too much sense since the circuit is not a high stressed one.  Replaced the cap, fresh batteries, and now the unit is operational.